- Antiretroviral medication provided in accordance with the Momentum CareCross Network prescribed HIV medication formulary
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) medication provided in accordance with the Momentum CareCross Network prescribed HIV medication formulary, to prevent HIV infection in the event of accidental exposure to blood or fluids from an infected person, or by any other means
- Pathology related to condition monitoring according to the applicable Health4Me pathology list
- Pre-authorisation is required
- A 3 month waiting period applies
You may go for one HIV ELISA screening blood test per year at a Network GP. If your screening blood test result is positive for HIV, your GP will need to call us to register you for the HIV benefit. The HIV benefit also includes post-exposure prophylaxis treatment, to prevent HIV infection, in the event that you are accidentally exposed to blood or fluids from an infected person, or by any other means.
How should you register for the HIV benefit?
Your GP will need to call us on 0860 55 56 09 to register you for the HIV benefit. They can do this by completing the HIV benefit application form, and faxing it to 0860 77 77 56 or emailing it to email@example.com. We will review the request from your GP and we will tell your GP if we need more information, such as blood test results, before we can confirm your benefit. If we approve the benefit, your GP will give you a prescription for your HIV medication, according to an approved list of antiretroviral medicines.
Where can you get your HIV medication from?
You need to fax or email your prescription to Medipost Pharmacy, and then call them to let them know where they must deliver your medication every month. You can fax your prescription to 0866 82 33 17 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call Medipost Pharmacy on 012 426 4000. We can only pay for your HIV medication if we have approved it and if your GP has prescribed it from the approved list of antiretroviral medicines. You will need to get a new script from your Network GP every six months, and send it to Medipost Pharmacy.
Please note that this benefit is only available on the Gold health insurance option.
To download a copy of our HIV benefit information click on the download button below.