- Antenatal GP visits at a Momentum CareCross Network GP
- 2 2D foetal growth scans per member per pregnancy
- Antenatal pathology tests when members visit their Momentum CareCross Network GP, and are referred by their Network GP, according to the Health4Me antenatal pathology list
- Antenatal vitamins provided in accordance with the Momentum CareCross Network prescribed acute medication formulary
- Antenatal support (access to credible, up to date information on all topics related to parenthood) via BabyYumYum and Hello Doctor
- Antenatal and post-partum support from a nurse or midwife via BabyYumYum
- Nurse home visit on day after returning home from hospital after childbirth, as well as 2 weeks later, via BabyYumYum
- Registration and pre-authorisation is required
You will have cover for two maternity visits, which includes two 2D growth scans or ultrasounds, per pregnancy. You will need to visit a Network GP who is certified to do growth scans, or be referred by a Network GP to a gynaecologist (Gold option only). If you do consult a gynaecologist, the scan will be paid from this benefit, but the visit will be paid from your specialist benefit.
Your doctor may also send you for pathology tests related to your pregnancy, and prescribe antenatal vitamins for you from an approved list.
Which antenatal pathology tests are covered during your pregnancy?
BabyYumYum and Hello Doctor will support you with all the information you will need about your pregnancy and about being a parent.
BabyYumYum is the number one parenting portal in South Africa, and they will arrange for a nurse or midwife to visit you at home, to assist you with any guidance you might need after your baby is born. The nurse or midwife will also show you how to bathe, swaddle, latch and feed your newborn. These visits will take place on the 2nd day and in the 2nd week after you get home from the hospital. You can call BabyYumYum on 0878 97 03 59.
Hello Doctor offers you easy to understand health and medical services, letting you talk to a GP in any language, any time you need to for free. If you need to speak to a GP, simply dial *120*1019# from your cellphone and choose the relevant option to “ask a doctor to call you”. A registered GP will call you back within an hour. You can also download the free Hello Doctor app from the app store on your cellphone, or go to hellodoctor.co.za. The app and website will allow you the option of texting the GP instead of talking over the phone. The Hello Doctor helpline is available during business hours if you experience any technical problems. You can call the Hello Doctor helpline on 0872 30 00 02.
How should you register for the Hello Doctor benefit?
You will need to call us on 0860 10 29 03 and provide us with your cellphone number, so that we can register you for the Hello Doctor benefit, and send you your unique user name and password.
How should you register for the maternity benefit?
You will need to call us on 0860 10 29 03 to register for this benefit. You will need to provide us with the following information:
- Your Health4Me member number
- Your Health4Me dependant number
- Your expected due date/expected delivery date
- Your cellphone number
To download a copy of the Maternity benefit information click on the download button below.